Sunday, May 11, 2008

Giddy on Ghibli !





Chancing upon the documentary on Hayao Miyazaki's museum opened the floodgates of memories and emotions from my very first encounter with the work of this genius animator. SPIRITED AWAY, the internationally acclaimed hit animation was a godsend creation! The graphic details in this film were a sensual and visual feast all at once and intrigued me on many levels. It was interesting to note that European architecture heavily influenced the scenes in his works, for eg. in Kiki the Witch & Howl's Moving Castle. Watch the documentary of his museum on crunchyroll.com and you will get the picture. Another genius at work is composer Joe Hisaishi, who composed the music on this film which tugs at your very heartstrings, check out the title tracks on HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE & TALES OF THE EARTHSEA. I liken watching his films to reading the works of Roald Dahl my favourite author in my childhood years. I still pick up his books now & then when i need a lighthearted moment. They seem to bring out an innate joy that one has forgotten over the years... They bring out the child in you and and momentarily free one from the shackles of adulthood. If you open your heart enough you might just break into a genuine smile of joy. Both their works will definitely outlive them in the generations to come... for now, my dream is to step foot in Miyazaki's museum and relive my childhood through his make-believe world of wonderful journeys!

http://http//www.onlineghibli.com/films.php

No comments: